November 2, 2009
Lessons from Sumi-ePresentation Zen...
8 key lessons from Sumi-e
- More can be expressed with less.
- Never use more (color) when less will do.
- Omit useless details to expose the essence.
- Careful use of light-dark is important for creating clarity and contrast.
- Use color with a clear purpose and informed intention.
- Clear contrast, visual suggestion, and subtlety can exist harmoniously in one composition.
- In all things: balance, clarity, harmony, simplicity.
- What looks easy is hard (but worth it).
Not only is this great advice for presentations, but it's essential for communicating visualizations clearly and effectively.