January 22, 2015
Core Values and Culture: The Tableau Community DNA
I read this post from Ethos3 about their company core values and culture. As I was reading through them, I thought this matched nearly exactly with the values and culture of the Tableau Community. I've made some minor tweaks to their values to be more in line with the Tableau Community.
- Focus On Yourself First: If you develop yourself, then everything will change around you.
- Pursue Growth And Learning: Always continue to learn and grow. Read as many books and create as many visualizations as possible.
- Do More: Never settle for mediocrity.
- Develop A Magnificent Obsession for Everything and Everyone: Be passionate about everything and everyone you touch.
- Do The Ordinary Extraordinarily Well: Create WOW experiences by doing ordinary things in ways no one will ever expect.
- Be Humble: Understand that there’s always someone who can do what you do better, faster and cheaper.
- Live Uniquely: Be yourself. Find your authentic voice. Share your voice.
- Commit: As Yoda would say, "Do or do not. There is no try." No wishing or trying allowed. Period. Commit to every task.
- Embrace and Drive Change: Look for opportunities to change and improve yourself, your company, and the Community.
- Empower Others: The Pledge of Allegiance starts with “I” and ends with “We.” You can’t do everything by yourself.
What do you think? I know these values are pretty much what got me where I am today. How about you?