October 28, 2016
Viz Makeunder - Clinton vs. Trump: The State BattlegroundsThe Information Lab is the great team of trainers. Today, André de Vries is at The Data School teaching Alteryx, which frees me up to do another "makeunder" as Matt Francis called it.
Today, let's take a look at this election viz from Rob Radburn.
What doesn't work for me?
- It's a time series visualisation, yet it's vertical. I prefer time series to be horizontal.
- I don't care for the grey background.
- Black text on the dark grey is hard to read
- Don't need the labels on both side of both axes
- Gridlines should be for the measure not the time series
- Too many filters
Here's my 7-step makeunder. Click on the image for the interactive version.