April 21, 2015
Tableau Tip Tuesday: Star Wars - The Force Awakens (Embedding Audio & Video in a Dashboard)
Today’s tip is about embedding YouTube videos and Soundcloud audio into a Tableau dashboard. It’s pretty simple. Scroll down below the viz for the instructions. May the Force be with you!
- Drag a Web Page object onto the dashboard.
- When prompted for the URL, you want to grab the embed code:
- Copy the string after the “src=“ and add "?rel=0&showinfo=0” onto the end of it. The URL should look like:
The process for embedding audio is much the same.
- Go to the track on Soundcloud.
- Click on the Share button.
- When the share window appears, click on Embed at the top.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on More Options.
- Choose the size and check the Automatic play box.
- Copy the embed code.
- Select the text after the “src=“ and copy it
- Add a Web Page object onto the dashboard.
- Paste the copied text in the URL box.