August 10, 2016
The Data School Gym - Sorting a Dimension Member to the Top
A fun Data School Gym challenge for you today. Using this data source of human height since 1896, create this visualisation:
- Each country should show only 1896 and 1996 and they should be connected
- Label the midpoint with the country name
- Use an orange to blue diverging color palette based on the Avg Height
- Allow the user to filter by sex (no All option)
- Create a parameter to allow the user to pick a country; it should also include an (All) option
- Use the parameter to sort the visualisation; (1) If (All) is chosen then sort from largest to smallest based on the 1996 value. (2) If a specific country is chosen, that should be displayed at the top and the rest should be sorted from largest to smallest.
When the user picks Bermuda, for example, the visualisation should look like this:
Here’s the interactive version. Post a comment with a link to your solution. Good luck!