February 9, 2017
Workout Wednesday: How Will the UK population Change By 2039?
butterfly chart , local authority , LOD , population , reverse axis , united kingdom , Workout WednesdayAnother fun Workout Wednesday challenge from Emma this week. She asked us to build a butterfly chart, something I'd never done before.
Conceptually, I knew exactly what I needed to do:
- Create separate measures for males and females
- Create additional measures to make them percentages by dividing by the population estimate
- Create an LOD for the national average for males and females
- Create additional measure to make them percentages
- Make the male axis reversed
- Set all of the axes scales to be equivalent (Emma didn't do this, but I think the axes should be the same on each side of the center)
- Create the calcs for the rows and columns of the trellis
- Add a filter for local authority and add that to the title
- Throw is all together in a dashboard size 1000x800
I tend to jot these things down in the Notes app as I think of them. It helps me remember what I need to do for weeks like this when I don't get it done on Wednesday.
I'm posting an image here, but if you want to see the interactive version, tap on the image.