June 27, 2016
Makeover Monday Week 26: Who? When? What?challenged the Community to create a great dashboard that tracks the who, what and when of the project. Let’s start by looking at my original dashboard:
What works well?
- It’s easy to see how many contributions have been made and how many people have contributed.
- The colors are good, but not great.
- The word cloud helps highlight the volume of people that have contributed.
- You can easily see which weeks had the best participation and which weeks drew the most new people.
- The heatmap on the 2nd tab does a good job of letting people see which weeks they have yet to complete.
What doesn’t work?
- It’s too hard to see the overall figures.
- The 2nd tab should be incorporated into the first.
- The word cloud is too busy.
- The cumulative graphs don’t provide much insight.
- All that’s important is the final number.
- I don’t like the combination chart on the upper left.
- There’s no interactivity.
I built my makeover in Tableau 10 so all I can post is an image. If you’d like to have a look at it, you can download it here. I’m really excited to see what the Community builds. I’m 99.9% sure someone will come up with something that blows us away.